Saint Cecilia Catholic School is a community of connections. Parents and parishioners are welcome in classrooms to assist in many ways. In addition, all families are encouraged to volunteer with our various fundraisers. Please check with your teacher, check your email and this website, to learn about volunteer opportunities. To send your volunteer hours email: email@example.com.
All Saint Cecilia parents are automatically members of our Parent Club. Each year new executive officers are chosen to form the leadership team.
2020-2021 Parent Club Executive Committee
- Snapshot and SCCS Parent Club Facebook updates:Ashley Bomke and Nancy Coffee
- Volunteer Coordinator: Maggie Washington
In accordance with Archdiocesan guidelines, the Parent Club:
- is responsible for maintaining good communications between the home and school
- provides a vehicle through which parents can provide service to the school (for example, volunteers and fundraising.
- offers a mechanism for parent education.
- serves as a structure for political action when needed (letter writing, phone calls, and visits to legislators)
The officers of the Parent Club work closely with the School Commission in order to more fully understand parent needs.
The School Commission works with parent fundraising groups as a part of their task of coordinating the overall financing of programs for the school. The Parent Club works within the framework of the parish school and will consult with the principal before decisions are made.
Saint Cecilia Catholic School, like all private schools, depends upon charitable gifts to maintain small class sizes, an excellent faculty, state-of-the-art facilities and high academic standards. Because of the support of our school community, we’re also able to ensure that tuition remains affordable
That generous support is one of our school’s great strengths. Not only do our families donate hours of work—often far beyond their annual volunteer commitment—they offer their financial support in a variety of ways. They help organize and attend fundraising events throughout the school year and make substantial contributions to our Annual School Gift Campaign. These donations, volunteer efforts and parish support allow Saint Cecilia to offer a high-quality educational experience for a far lower tuition cost than is charged by other area private schools.
It is because of the generosity of our parish, families and local community that Saint Cecilia remains strong and vital. Thank you for your interest in supporting our school.
The Saint Cecilia Catholic School Patrons’ Endowment was established in partnership with the Fulcrum Foundation. The endowment provides resources to enhance the long-term sustainability and quality of Catholic faith-based education at Saint Cecilia Catholic School. Earnings from the endowment support scholarships, curriculum, technology, and other resource requirements at SCCS.
Established in 2002, the Fulcrum Foundation provides financial assistance to promote and support Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Seattle primarily through tuition assistance, assistance to schools in need, and initiatives that promote academic excellence and faith formation.
Please contact the Fulcrum Foundation or Saint Cecilia Catholic School for additional information about the Saint Cecilia Catholic School Patrons’ Endowment:
Fulcrum Foundation – Anthony Holter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-748-7987
Saint Cecilia Catholic School –Susan Kilbane email@example.com or 206-842-2017
Annual Fundraising Events
St. Cecilia Catholic School faces the continuing challenge of keeping tuition as affordable as possible without sacrificing the high level of excellence in education that we provide. Tuition covers only 70% of the actual cost of educating our students.
Several fundraisers have been established as an opportunity for all parents, alumni, staff, and school supporters to donate directly to the school’s operating budget. Other events and activities may be added as we move forward through the year, so check your email and this website regularly.
Jog-A-Thon - October
We participate in our Annual SCCS Jog-A-Thon! The event take places in the beginning of the school year at the Bainbridge High School Track. Our Blockbuster Goal is to reach $10,000! Students & staff collect donations by sending emails with the donation link to family and friends, by mailing a provided letter, and by asking around the neighborhood. Family & friends can donate cash/checks prior to the event. We have some great personal, class and school-wide prizes based on money raised and number of laps, so please help us make this a great fundraiser for our school and help the students feel proud of their part in raising money for their school.
Annual School Gift Campaign - April
This yearly pledge drive begins in the fall. Pledges are requested with money due by April of the following year. However, additional pledges can be made at any time. Please consider donating or pledging to the Saint Cecilia Catholic School. If you work for a company with a matching funds program, you can easily double your donation! Remember, no contribution is too large or too small.
Saint Cecilia Community Auction - May
The Saint Cecilia Community Auction, is our biggest fundraiser of the year. The auction consists of a delicious meal, great music, amazing live and silent auction items, and wonderful fellowship. Our auction committee has secured sponsorships from parents, parishioners, and businesses to pay for all costs related to putting on the auction. As a result, all proceeds from the night of the auction, including ticket sales, will directly support our school.
Some of the many items available in recent years are a beautiful wooden rowboat/sailboat, a trip to Hawaii, an Airbnb on Bainbridge, and a group meal at Hey Day Farm. We have over 100 items and certificates in our silent auction, something for everyone.
Please plan to join us each year on an evening in early May as we raise funds, making it possible for us to provide the best possible education for our students.
Saint Nicholas Festival - December
This is a Christmas party for the children of the Bainbridge and North Kitsap communities. Each year since 2002 we’ve celebrated as close to St. Nicholas’s feast day of December 6th as possible.
Highlights typically include:
- Photos with Santa
- Pancake breakfast
- Crafts and games
- Bake sale
Other Fundraising Opportunities
In addition to our annually reoccurring events, Saint Cecilia's raises funds through a number of ongoing programs. These include:
BoxTops for Education
- The original BoxTops for Education: Scan BoxTop coupons from specially marked products throughout your local grocery store. Each coupon is worth a minimum of ten cents to Saint Cecilia. BoxTops are collected all year long.
- The BoxTops for Education Marketplace: Earn cash for Saint Cecilia when you shop online. There are no administrative fees. Enroll online at www.boxtops4education.com. Every time you shop online, start at www.boxtops4education.com. Click on “Shop” to make purchases from over 200 favorite online stores including Lands End and Target. Our school will automatically receive up to 8% of each qualifying purchase. Note: Use this when you’re not shopping locally to support our local merchants.
- The BoxTops for Education Visa Card: You can also earn cash for Saint Cecilia when you use your BoxTops for Education Visa Card. Apply for this low introductory APR Visa with no annual fee to make it easier than ever to earn cash for our school. School supporters can call 1-800-650-0235 or apply online at . Then use the BoxTops Visa card at over 20 million locations worldwide. A full 1% of every purchase made with the BoxTops Visa card is donated to Saint Cecilia.
Saint Cecilia’s Uniform Closet includes both new and used uniform items for purchase throughout the year. Students may also borrow used items as replacements for spills and messes that occur during the school day.
We keep a limited supply of new (logo) uniform pieces. These include sweaters, sweatshirts, fleece vests, and ties. Most are available in both youth and adult sizes.
We also keep a supply of gently used items. Families are encouraged to donate uniform pieces that are clean and in good condition. These typically include logo items, shirts, pants, skirts, skorts, and jumpers. Sizes and selection vary based on donations. We try to keep black shoes available for students to borrow.
eScrip offers several different ways to earn money for our school.
- Register your Visa or MasterCard. Your can also register your credit cards and earn money for Saint Cecilia when shopping at participating merchants. For a complete list, go to www.escrip.com and click on “Family of Merchants. You can search for a specific merchant, or view the downloadable list at the bottom of the page.
- Shop Online. When you need to shop online, first visit www.escrip.com and click on “At the Online Mall”. From there, click on the merchant of your choice. The Online Mall will pay SCCS a percentage of your purchases.
- Apply for an eScrip Visa Card. If you have an eScrip Visa Card, Saint Cecilia will receive a percentage of all of your purchases. In fact, if you use an eScrip Visa card to make a purchase at an eScrip merchant, our school will be “double paid”!