Saint Cecilia Catholic School is a faith-based community following the teachings of Jesus that inspires an inquisitive mind and a lifelong commitment to learning, service and stewardship.
We offer a fully accredited Preschool through 8th Grade educational program. We develop students' strengths and support them in their areas of growth. We create the conditions daily for students to live their faith, grow their minds and use their strengths and knowledge to serve others.
Values & Expectations
We seek to demonstrate and develop:
- Academic Excellence – which nurtures life-long learning through inspiring classroom teaching, rich cultural and arts programs, and opportunities to celebrate each student’s strengths and development.
- Catholic Identity and Perspective – which enriches all aspects of our School Life and is rooted in Church teaching, religious expression and social responsibility.
- Community – which is student-centered and draws on the rich and diverse backgrounds of our students, staff, parents, and parishioners as collaborators in the educational and spiritual growth of our children.
- Courage – our students strive to reach the full potential of their God-given gifts, and to demonstrate honesty, integrity, and justice.
- Perseverance – our students become equipped to manage challenges, viewing them as opportunities for growth and understanding.
- Acceptance – our students are expected to treat all people fairly; they value diversity of opinions, cultures, economic resources, physical abilities, and faiths.
- Spirituality – our students learn to recognize the dignity of the human person and the Gospel’s call for compassion and generosity to others, and that stewardship and service are important requirements to building a better community.
- Curiosity – our students are nourished with a sense of wonderment and excitement, continually seeking to step beyond what is known in order to challenge themselves to never stop learning.
- Confidence – our students are self-assured in their own abilities and secure in their faith; they recognize their behavior influences events in their lives as well as those around them.
WE KNOW AND LIVE OUR FAITH
- Know the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Participate actively in liturgy and faith traditions
- Pray with intention
WE SERVE THE COMMUNITY
- Identify and respond to the needs of others
- Appreciate everyone’s diverse personal gifts
- Engage actively in community service
WE DEMONSTRATE FLEXIBLE THINKING
- Solve problems by thinking critically and creatively
- Listen actively and communicate effectively
- View challenges as opportunities
At Saint Cecilia Catholic School, we support the development of the whole child. We use multiple modalities to teach, so children are able to access new concepts and information in a variety of ways including movement, visual cues and words. We write across the curriculum. As students write their own stories, they tap into experiences they have with their families. Visiting museums, walking in Seattle, playing on sports teams, going to concerts, visiting family in other cities, playing in the woods, doing art projects at home and having time to choose activities all support the development of children’s creativity.
Students are educated through an academically excellent curriculum. Singapore Math, Writers Workshop, FOSS Science and Storypath for Social Studies incorporate Common Core Standards, Field study on trails, in parks and on beaches provides students hands on opportunities to learn about the environment. Arts integration across the curriculum provides opportunities for deeper learning. Creativity, critical thinking, communication and collaboration are developed in every subject.
We believe the following best practices provide optimal learning conditions for our students:
- Academic, social, and spiritual development is enhanced by learning experiences and daily interactions among and between students in the Preschool - 8th grade range.
- Small class sizes allow for individual and small group instruction and formative assessment.
- Rigorous curricula based on well-researched best practices and is guided by the Archdiocese of Seattle and the Common Core to address the needs of all learners.
- Rich exposure to language, arts and music deepen cultural understanding, spiritual development and creative habits.
- Students and teachers interact with one another in a variety of formats, drawing on multiple teaching methods.
- Movement is critical to learning and is incorporated into the daily life of the classroom.
- Collaboration among staff, families, and students ensures consistency, continuity and common goals throughout their school experience.
- Students benefit from the integration of religious values, expression, and perspective.
Saint Cecilia Catholic School was founded in 2001 to serve the Catholic community in North Kitsap County. ¨The Mustard Seed School,” as it was originally called, began with 14 Preschool and Kindergarten students. Today, Saint Cecilia Catholic School has grown to serve a broader community, providing a quality education for over 100 students.
In July 2010 the school moved into a beautiful new facility where students now thrive in our program, rich in academics rooted in faith.
Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Seattle are required to have an active School Commission. The responsibilities of the Commission include:
- Advise and support the Pastor and the Principal
- Develop a plan and means to finance school programs
- Advocate for and promote Saint Cecilia Catholic School within the broader community
Over 20 Years of Developing Minds, Hearts and Character.
- A Catholic school on Bainbridge Island serving students in preschool through 8th grade. -